Selling old gear, need opinions.

IslandTraveler

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi everybody, I'm selling some old gear so I can raise some money to purchase a Nikon D90, and I was hoping to get some feedback on whether or not I am asking a fair price for what i'm offering. This isn't an ad to sell on this forum btw, I'd be selling it localy on craigslist. I am also wondering if I should just keep all this stuff instead and learn how to use it if it's good quality gear. Here's what I have....

Canon Ftb Ql body $30
Canon FD 50mm 1:1.8 SC lens $65
Canon FD 28mm 1:2.8 lens $50
Kitstar zoom multicoated 1:3.5 f=80-200mm lens w/case $40
Pentax smc m 1:1.7 50mm lens $70
Pentax ME Super Body W/instructions $30
Pentax Flash AF 160 $10
Tiffen Polarizer 58mm lens w/original packaging $25
Tamron adaptall 2 w/instructions $20
Tamron CF Macro 28-50mm F:3.5-4.5 zoom lens w/case $40

Also including cleaning kit, strap and protective leather backing for the pentax ME, and a bag for everything for free.
I've researched all the prices on ebay, and I was hoping to sell this as a package for around $400 and see what offers I get. Do you guys think that's a fair price? Or do I have a real good set of gear and should I just learn how to use it all?
Any feedback is appreciated!
Thanks,
Matt

Ask 10-20 more than u want and let people talk you down. always give yourself some wiggle room. You may be surprised at what you get for things. A buddy of mine just sold some vid games he put them online for 200 figuring he would be lucky to get 100 for them as that was all they were worth. Someone actually gave him the 200... at those prices i would buy some of that equip

oh man, I seriously would love to buy that Canon FD 28mm 1:2.8 lens. You have a good collection though, not sure how much you could sell it all as a package. see what others are selling locally if your only doing craigslist

I suspect you'll be doing extremely well to sell it as a package for $200.
Canon made the FD mount obsolete in 1987 when they launched the incompatable EF mount and EOS system.

Thanks for the input, I've decided to keep everything for now. I've found that it won't sell for enough to really be worth getting rid of. I'm looking forward to learning photography the old school way, and it's been pretty cool so far. That Canon fd 28mm 1:2.8 lens is pretty cool. I'm not sure what the description of the lens means, but it has a wider and larger view of everything. Real cool.

Most reactions

Back