• Poll closed .

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yet another couple of pictures I'm not sure what to make of. Do you like either of them? Why does it work for you? Why not?

Thanks for your feedback

Last edited:
Hi federico, I voted for numero uno.

I think if the corner between red and blue had been just a tad left of where it currently resides, I might've voted for 2, but the zigzag of the blue cinder blocks in #1 has me jazzed.

Also, the way that you avoided having the hinge in the mid point is great.

I really like #1

neither one really does anything for me and I like alot of your frames.
I wouldnt say burn them :lol: you definantly composed it from something I could have never seen.

I think if the corner between red and blue had been just a tad left of where it currently resides, I might've voted for 2...
That's a good point. The problem is that yours truly here really wanted to leave the dent (see top left) in the frame, and that was maybe the downfall of this photo! :)

Thanks everybody for looking and voting. Gotta say I'm kinda surprised by the results. I thought both of these were "even", and I was leaning towards #2. Goes to show how subjective these things are.

Yep. That dent is good. It'd make a good focal point for the image. Is there a way to get it to be on the crossroads of the thirds? Probably have to reshoot, though, eh?

Yep. That dent is good. It'd make a good focal point for the image. Is there a way to get it to be on the crossroads of the thirds? Probably have to reshoot, though, eh?
Most likely. Problem is, there's no more blue wall to the right than you see in the image. Not to mention this place is 80 km from here :)

Below is a shameless Photoshop edit that keeps the dent in the frame while "moving" the corner between red and blue a little bit to the left. (I think this improves the composition, but makes me feel dirty at the same time.)

EDIT: This is yet another picture of mine that would have benefited from a wide angle lens.

Last edited:
Nothing shameful about cropping, dodging, burning, all tried and true analog darkroom techniques from the beginning of photography.

Of course, photography itself could be considered shameful!

Do we think that DaVinci, Michelangelo, Rembrandt would have hesitated a nanosecond about utilising digital tools in creating artwork?

Had these tools existed in their times, of course they would have been used.

Do we think that DaVinci, Michelangelo, Rembrandt would have hesitated a nanosecond about utilising digital tools in creating artwork?
Maybe... but something tells me all of them are old school :)

Thanks again to everybody for looking and voting.

And a question to all: why is it that almost no one posts abstract or semi-abstract work on this site? I know it's not necessarily what most people prefer to shoot or look at, but still... On another photo forum that I post in there's even a dedicated sub-forum for abstract stuff (shared with macro/objects/etc.)...

If the Alternative Techniques and Photo Gallery doesn't fit the bill, maybe we could talk an admin into creating a forum or sub-forum?

If the Alternative Techniques and Photo Gallery doesn't fit the bill, maybe we could talk an admin into creating a forum or sub-forum?
Well, I'm not sure this is a 'if you build it, they will come' situation. although the other way around would likely be true. Abstract photography seems to be a genre with not many followers on TPF... I just think it's odd...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back