Semi-posed snapshot

Xmetal

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This be one of my co-workers at the Restaurant, she's asked me to do more portraiture stuff later down the track. :)

Janet.jpg

I'm still torn between colour and B&W on this picture, everyone is entitled to have a play in Photoshop with it. :)

she's a looker isn't she!....i like it although i would crop it down, theres a bit too much space around her. Also it looks a little noisy.....does the origional have noise or is it just the lower rez post? Apart from that you could try in B+W, but i quite like the skin tone :thumbup:

I agree about the crop. There's a bit too much headroom for me, and she's pretty close to the center. Maybe a crop down from the top and in from the left. I also notice that you saved it with the Adobe RGB color profile. When saving for the web, it's usually good to convert to or assign the sRGB profile for posting to the web.

I love hair over the face, but when it falls over the close eye and blocks the pupil, it can break the connection with the subject.

Here's my thought on the crop:

Janet-mod.jpg

just ran marc's version through neat image for you. :D

Janet-mod_filtered.jpg

You can download it free from there site....your in England right, just google it and download the free trial version......doesn't have all the features, like saving as tiff etc,....but its still really good for stuff on here. Be careful tho, go right into your image when making the alteration, to check what its doing to detail (some unwanted distortion can take place), also like in your shot here...its made the shadows a tad lighter....so if you really wanted more shadows....increase that before using Neat Image.....enjoy :D

I like it, she is very pretty and I am astounded at how well Neat Image fixed the picture up.... wow.

Most reactions

Back