Photos OK to edit
This was my first actual photo shoot, she loved the pics :D

DSC_1242.jpg

DSC_1243_1.jpg

DSC_1246_1.jpg

DSC_1245.jpg

DSC_1247_1.jpg

Last edited:
Good pictures, just random questions and comments that you probably shouldnt really take into FULL consideration, but maybe a little :p

Just me or is it a bit desaturated as in colors are bland?
Those slippers in last pictures have got 2 go... :p

Beautiful Girl.

That being said... I think a number of them are underexposed

Also I would suggest getting away from the tree, it's a bit cliche (though I do cliche shots as well). Which isn't necessarily bad, but when that's I'm shown I long for a bit more.

oh, and 5 ftw.

Good pictures, just random questions and comments that you probably shouldnt really take into FULL consideration, but maybe a little :p

Just me or is it a bit desaturated as in colors are bland?
Those slippers in last pictures have got 2 go... :p

The scenery was really bland but we are at that point where the grass is dead and so are the leaves. :)

I asked her if she wanted to cut out the shoes and she said no because they are part of an inside joke with her and some of her classmates

Beautiful Girl.

That being said... I think a number of them are underexposed

Also I would suggest getting away from the tree, it's a bit cliche (though I do cliche shots as well). Which isn't necessarily bad, but when that's I'm shown I long for a bit more.

oh, and 5 ftw.

ftw?

For The Win

They were all underexposed, some of them by several stops. The last one would have been so wonderful with a horizontal frame and composition that captured her legs as well.

i agree, they all need quite a bit more exposure.

More exposure needed, like everyone else already said, and they are currently much too soft so adding some sharpness will make these images a lot better too

Loved the last one most......all others seems very cool....but could be better if it's bit more exposed.

#'s 1 and 4 are way too soft. The focal point is on the tree.

And overall, they are underexposed, by at least one stop, some by two.

And #1 looks like you fired the on board flash, try to stay away from the on board flash as it gives a very unflattering flatness to the lighting.

Your profile says you don't mind edits so I picked a favourite of these and played with it. I hope you don't mind. If there's any problem just let me know and I'll remove it.

To illustrate that the underexposure and sharpness are the main problems, I took this photo to PS and adjusted curves only slightly and added an unsharp mask. The catchlights in her eyes have been dodged a bit, and I recropped as best I could to get her eyes out of the dead centre of the frame. That's it. It's a nice photo that only needed a few minor improvements.

sampletpfedit.jpg

Your profile says you don't mind edits so I picked a favourite of these and played with it. I hope you don't mind. If there's any problem just let me know and I'll remove it.

To illustrate that the underexposure and sharpness are the main problems, I took this photo to PS and adjusted curves only slightly and added an unsharp mask. The catchlights in her eyes have been dodged a bit, and I recropped as best I could to get her eyes out of the dead centre of the frame. That's it. It's a nice photo that only needed a few minor improvements.

sampletpfedit.jpg

I don't mind the edit at all. I was playing with them in PS but when I bumped up the exposure it seemed like her skin was washing out so I didn't want to bump it too much, even her arm in this looks overexposed a tad to me, maybe it's just my monitor though.

They are all underexposed and soft, you need to be careful where you place your focus point especially when using large apertures.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back