Senior Shoot today.. C&C is welcomed with open arms! :)

KatydidPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I did my second senior shoot today with a great young man named Blake. He had such a great smile and was fun to work with. I welcome any thoughts or ideas. I have alot to learn and I believe you are all great teachers. Thanks!
2RedC1.jpg
2StMaryalley1.jpg
2GraffWallEdit.jpg
2Glassblockalley1.jpg
... His serious side..

Thanks for looking!

Katie

These are good, but the arm crossing gets old fast. Make sure you let them keep loose, switch poses, and so on.

First impression was that the lighting used looked very flat, like an onboard flash tends to look. I peeked at the exif and then I saw:

# Camera Make = FUJIFILM
# Camera Model = FinePix S1800

Now, I used to play with an S1500 - and it's a decent camera but getting it to perform consistently was a pain in my rear and I couldn't wait to upgrade to a DSLR.

Considering what you were using, #4 ("serious") is really good. I might try and crop a little off the bottom and the left side and maybe rotate it a tiny bit CCW.

First impression was that the lighting used looked very flat, like an onboard flash tends to look. I peeked at the exif and then I saw:

# Camera Make = FUJIFILM
# Camera Model = FinePix S1800

Now, I used to play with an S1500 - and it's a decent camera but getting it to perform consistently was a pain in my rear and I couldn't wait to upgrade to a DSLR.

Considering what you were using, #4 ("serious") is really good. I might try and crop a little off the bottom and the left side and maybe rotate it a tiny bit CCW.

Thank you for your input and kind words for the serious shot. I actually took 114 shots and just showed 4 of their favorites.

BELIEVE me the camera is embarrassing to admit considering what others are using and as soon as I have the full amount saved I'm hoping to get a Rebel but would love to keep saving for a newer canon.

I guess I will do what I can with what I have until then.

I truly appreciate all the feedback :)

Nothing to be ashamed of. (your camera) These look just fine. Just IMO I'd try to keep the backgrounds as 'slow' as possible. I'm lacking the word I want, but when everything is focus (you have a p&s, right?) try to keep it from being busy outside of your subject, or at least make sure the lines lead to your subject (composition), a great example being what you did with number four.

Nothing to be ashamed of. (your camera) These look just fine. Just IMO I'd try to keep the backgrounds as 'slow' as possible. I'm lacking the word I want, but when everything is focus (you have a p&s, right?) try to keep it from being busy outside of your subject, or at least make sure the lines lead to your subject (composition), a great example being what you did with number four.

It has the look of a DSLR but is marketed a a point and shoot, I believe. It has alot of "scene" modes you can shoot in but I have been playing around with the Manual settings. These alleys were rather dark this morning so I was happy with the warmth I was able to get on some of them.

Can you change the aperture? This is what controls the blur. If you have that then you have a valuable tool to use. Senior pictures are all about the individual, and so the scene, although important, is NOT something that has to be, or even should be in focus.

Can you change the aperture? This is what controls the blur. If you have that then you have a valuable tool to use. Senior pictures are all about the individual, and so the scene, although important, is NOT something that has to be, or even should be in focus.

With a finepix camera it's pretty much impossible to get a shallow depth of field on a person-sized subject because of the small image sensor.

I can set it to aperture priority and play with it some but not alot of range.

Sounds like DC Moody already is fully aware of what it can/can't do though. I still sit in awe of how much can be learned from you all in this forum.

Thanks!:mrgreen:

I had a Kodak Easy Share point and shoot that I used for a long time. It was very good to me. Never be ashamed of your camera! These are really nice shots, though I do have to agree with the folded arms comment. Its just a matter of choosing what to do with ones arms which can be a challenge in itself.

Most reactions

Back