Sensor spot wont come off??

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Used the rocket blower, and the wet swabs and still this little white dust speck clings on. Do I have any other options besides a professional clean??

Jazzie,
MY feeling is that you're not applying enough pressure with the sensor swab to actually "dislodge and pick up" that stubborn bit of whatever is on the sensor.

Imagine it as a bit of stuck-on egg on a breakfast plate that has dried until dinner time...it's not just going to come right off, not without a bit of elbow grease.

(I say this with all the confidence of a dishwasher located 2,000 + miles from the plates...lol, but I have had a few stubborn spots that took, not surprisingly, a lot of pressure to get to come up.)

I do think gryphonslair99's Warren Buffet Method of sensor cleaning is also a viable option. It's the method the camera makers always recommend.

Canon EOS-1D X Digital SLR Camera (Body Only) 5253B002 B&H Photo Problem solved. Or send it in. Sounds like you have done as much as you can or should.
:puke: no heavy DLSR's for me. I'm holding out for the rumored a9. Although, I have been wishing my nex7 would be worth enough to do a trade for the a6000 but as soon as that launches my resale price is gonna go down the toilet. *sigh*

Jazzie, MY feeling is that you're not applying enough pressure with the sensor swab to actually "dislodge and pick up" that stubborn bit of whatever is on the sensor. Imagine it as a bit of stuck-on egg on a breakfast plate that has dried until dinner time...it's not just going to come right off, not without a bit of elbow grease. (I say this with all the confidence of a dishwasher located 2,000 + miles from the plates...lol, but I have had a few stubborn spots that took, not surprisingly, a lot of pressure to get to come up.) I do think gryphonslair99's Warren Buffet Method of sensor cleaning is also a viable option. It's the method the camera makers always recommend.

I swabbed over it at least 10x and tried to apply as much pressure as I felt comfortable with. I thought about a "scrubbing" motion, but didn't know if that was allowed or if I have to do straight swipes? I'm probably going to have to let DH give it a shot this weekend when he has time.

Send it to Sony. They should be able to take care of it for you. If you go beyond the standard cleaning procedures you might be sending it to Sony anyway for a new sensor.

Send it to Sony. They should be able to take care of it for you. If you go beyond the standard cleaning procedures you might be sending it to Sony anyway for a new sensor.

Any idea if they can do this in store or will I be camera less for 6 weeks? If that's the case- I'll just keep editing out that one spot in photoshop. I really need to get a backup body! *sigh*

Depends on where you live and if they have a good technician.

6 WEEKS
.......Seriously???? No offense, but I had a 24-70 that needed repair. It took me 6 days total from my shipping it until UPS returned it to me from Canon service center in Irvine CA. Came back better than new. I knew that Nikon was having a service turn around problem a while back. Didn't know Sony took that long.

Most reactions

Back