Bend The Light

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All,

I was out today with my kids and my wife. We went to a Sensory Room in a Children's Centre - my youngest, Annie, has a developmental delay.

I took these (and several other) shots. Conditions: Dark. No flash - this would wash out the fibre optics, high ISO, Av, Long exposures, PP in ACR, CS4 and Topaz Denoise. How did I do, you think?

Looks like you were able to get the shutter up to at least 1/60 because I don't see any movment of the subjects in #1 which is what I'd be looking for in a shot like this. I know that kids RARELY stay still so I'm aware of the achievement that is. I do see a little movement in #2 though it's hard to tell with the small images you posted.

I think #1 would benefit from some cropping of the dead space on the left.

Looks like you were able to get the shutter up to at least 1/60 because I don't see any movment of the subjects in #1 which is what I'd be looking for in a shot like this. I know that kids RARELY stay still so I'm aware of the achievement that is. I do see a little movement in #2 though it's hard to tell with the small images you posted.

I think #1 would benefit from some cropping of the dead space on the left.

Thanks. Click on the images for largher options.:D

You did well. The lights are not overexposed, the dark parts are good enough to see every detail. I particularly like what the light in the first does to their faces, but the reflection of your youngest in the second is also cute. Hopefully those photos that I recently took in darkness, no tripod (got stolen), high ISO, slow shutter speed, presumably loads of noise and all, will come out as well as these.

Most reactions

Back