Set of your dreams

ntz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Servus ppl,

what is the set of your dreams ? But not a non-sense, something what you might get or you are already getting that .. Piece by because of cost or availability ..

my gear is in my signature, for my landscapes I'd love to have in next 2-3 years (all used)

Nikon D850, used ~$1500
Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8 G, used ~$1000
Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8 G, used ~$850
Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 G II, used ~$1200

there is always question if the gear won't be in that moment in the future already obsolete ? Nah, it's so good already that new versions won't bring much improvement .. Gear above, as checked now with prices is $4550, if I could get it over the time for ~$3000 I'd be happy ..

regards, dan

Mine is old school film..................a complete Pentax LX system with 2 camera body's.

GeklZvl.jpg

Hmmmmm What don't I want

Have the same gear you do, but my 14-24 f/2.8 is a Sigma Art and my 24-70 and 70-200 are Tamron G2s and I've got about a dozen other lenses along with a D500 I use for wildlife / birding / sports. I'm set for right now waiting for full specs on the Z9 or maybe the enthusiast version of the Z9, which I hope will be out for Christmas, then maybe jump into mirrorless. In the mean time, I don't feel I'm missing out on anything with a D850 / D500 and good quality glass. The well known wildlife photographer Steve Perry says the most important part of photography is the 4" behind the camera. So, I am constantly working on improving my skills and not worrying too much about my gear.

I've probably got my dream outfit.

I'm short of a Fujinon 600mm lens, but apart from that it would probably be either replacing or augmenting my lens collection based on size/weight/image circle (clearly I'm a larger format film photographer).

A 5x7 reducing back for my Canham wood 10x8 camera would be nice, but I already have three 5x7 cameras, so the only advantage would be one less camera to take on holiday. If intending to use 5x7, carrying a 10x8 isn't really sensible, unless I need the longer bellows.

Given pricing, a Cooke convertible isn't a realistic lens to add to the list, nor a 10x8 Ebony with asymmetric movements.

Most reactions

Back