Setting up a first time darkroom in my closet...

Hedgeclipper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I posted a few months back asking for suggestions for a DSLR, but have since had my Nilkoon FM2 fixed (and I have some other film cameras) and gotten into B&W photography. I'm also doing urbex and intend to do a lot of B&W photography of that. Mainly due to my interest in chemistry and my liking of doing stupid projects i'll probably never get around to using much, I want to make a darkroom. THe only space I have is a rather small closet in my room I can empty out.
I've got an enlarger and some trays, but what else would I need to make a very basic, very cramped darkroom? I've done some err indoor gardening in the past and, thus, have an extractor fan and ventilation and such, but I don't know if it is right for ventilating my closet. It would only suck the air into my room. I also have a relatively successful home made fume hood for chemistry
experiments. I won't have running water, so I guess I'll just use a 5l jug and wash in a nearby sink.
What supplies, other than my inherited enlarger, will I need if I am to do this?
-thanks!

I'm going to link you here to this article which I believe is Installment V of the entire B&W Film series, written by Torus34 for TPF.

This particular installment deals with enlarging in particular - but in the Articles of Interest forum, the entire series can be found and contains a wealth of information on B&W photography.

Enjoy! :D

Most reactions

Back