TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
8-12-10042.jpg

7-14-10197.jpg

7-10-10074-1.jpg

And by several I think you mean three.

I like the first and the third. I'd try to reshoot the first in early morning or late evening rather then at night (the light seems artificial). And the third seems a touch underexposed

I woud zoom in closer (on the third photo) and try to get the foreground grass sharply in focus...a very shallow depth of field
First photo has too much dark on the bottom, crop it out. Same with the middle photo. Whay ahve so much just black? I do not think it adds to the total effect. I like the light part of it.

I like 3 best but it could use a little exposure boost and some fill flash possibly.

Merriem-Webster lists several as "more than two but fewer than many" (I think that includes 3 but perhaps I am wrong and you can give us a math lesson as well incase we dont know how many "2" is)

It lists a few as "at least some but indeterminately small in number". Besides, when did this turn into dictionaryforum.com ? How about posting on the topic at hand.

I woud zoom in closer (on the third photo) and try to get the foreground grass sharply in focus...a very shallow depth of field
First photo has too much dark on the bottom, crop it out. Same with the middle photo. Whay ahve so much just black? I do not think it adds to the total effect. I like the light part of it.

As to the middle photo and the black at the bottom of it, those are tombstones from a cemetary in the town where I work. Hard to tell without knowing that though. It's overlooking the river valley and the thin white light in the right/middle of the picture is a spot light from a barge traveling down river. It's better in a bigger picture as everything is.

I like 3 best but it could use a little exposure boost and some fill flash possibly.

Merriem-Webster lists several as "more than two but fewer than many" (I think that includes 3 but perhaps I am wrong and you can give us a math lesson as well incase we dont know how many "2" is)

It lists a few as "at least some but indeterminately small in number". Besides, when did this turn into dictionaryforum.com ? How about posting on the topic at hand.

I'm not really concerned as to the definition of several other than more than two. I guess I was thinking, here I am asking for any thoughts on the photos I posted and had to be given a lesson on several opposed to three or more than two or not as many as a bunch. But now I've learned that important fact and will be more careful as to how I word things. Sarcasm just isn't the same when typed huh?

I would say next time try to capture more of the details. All three images look like quick snap shots vs Well composed Photographs.

These weren't snap shots but I'm still learning with all this.

The white balance of #1 needs attention.

To me, #2 is too contrasty.

#3 is a killer, though! Sparky like.

Most reactions

Back