Several questions about the flash

uuser

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just got a flash (quantaray PZ-1 DSZ) for my Nikon D3000. Two questions about this flash
1) Could it work under the TTL mode with D3000. I found the flash always use the maximum power while I used the TTL mode. Did I missed something or the flash is just not compatible with D3000?

2) How could I make the Flash range distance bar working? Is this bar used to measure the distance from the flash to the object? When I bend the lamp 90 degree the bar could show up, but there is no indicator showing the distance. How could I use it under the manual mode?

Thank you for any replies:)

+ 1 ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

As far as your second question, you'll find there aren't a lot of members using that speedlight yet, but I intend to mention it frequently. I haven't gotten myself any yet but will soon get 3 or 4 of them for OCF work since they're so inexpensive. I figure I can resell them at a profit if I'm not happy with the way they perform.

In the meantime, here are some other places you can look for information: quantaray PZ-1 DSZ - Bing

i had just got the flash in. i had ordered it off of ebay and it doesnt work. lol it just gets extremely hot and you can smell the insides burning. yay :grumpy:

Thanks, guys, for the answers.
I just figured out maybe I cannot use the distance meter, since the the meter need to read the exposure value from the camera, which could be done on D3000. thus, it seems I could only use the manual mode and calculate the distance by myself. It is a shame I cannot use the advanced functions on this flash, but considering its price, I am ok:)

i had just got the flash in. i had ordered it off of ebay and it doesnt work. lol it just gets extremely hot and you can smell the insides burning. yay :grumpy:
If you bought it from the techforless, you may can return it since I heard some positive feedback on their custom service

i dont know im waiting for an email back. luckily it came with a 1 yr warranty. so hopefully this works out cause im kinda bummed

Most reactions

Back