It's quite abstract...the shadow is so dark that it seem to have form in and of itself...and the girl's legs almost look out of place.
I don't know what to make of it, but it's interesting.
I can't tell where the shadow begins and where her hoodie starts. It's kind of frustraiting in a way. It makes it feel like a struggle for her, as if she's carrying something really heavy. Does that make sense?
On the other hand it's causing me to do a lot of thinking, and stairing at the photograph, so it has captured my attention for that reason.
I don't really like this picture, but it's hard to put the "why" into words... I guess it's just not interesting to me? Like, the concept is interesting, but the end result just doesn't wow me.
Oh my gosh! Yes, I think that's it, actually! Hahaha, I couldn't think of WHY it didn't look totally convincing, but I believe that's it. If you added some depth to the shadow, I think it might make it "pop" more