doomster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
doomedphotos.zenfolio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shape-of-Despair_m.jpg

An explicit title doesn't help here because it only makes people try to figure out why you used the title.

The person has his/her hands oddly placed and it isn't clear what they are doing.
There is bright light coming in on the left and my eye goes there.
Then the furthest arch is in focus and bright and thus my eyes are pulled past the silhouette and onto the arch.
So there is this ambiguous silhouette between two bright areas that pull the eye and it ends up not hanging together for me.

I love it. I think the sillouette is framed nicely, there's a great sense of depth to it. Great job!

Amazing photo; the contrast is just perfect. I would say it's very slightly underexposed though, like only 1/3 or 1/2 of a stop.

I like the image, but I don't see any despair in it. Looks more like the person is scratching his forehead or something.

I like this a lot. I find my eye being drawn completely to his head and hands, which is what you want. The silhouette's definitely framed nicely and there's a balance to where the light comes from ... maybe the light at the front right isn't so necessary, but it doesn't distract.

Good shot. If you interpret despair, then call it that, but I can't say I do :p He looks more reflective to me, maybe in prayer.

Good shot. Nice composition and lighting. I agree that a shallower DOF would put more attention on the subject, and that it's not clear what the subject is doing. If I have to watch a music video (I assume, didn't watch it) to understand the photo, then there's not much point in viewing the photo.

You seem defensive towards negative feedback... If everything wrong with the image was deliberate and you only praise the positive C&C, why not just show it to family and friends so they can stroke your ego?

Good shot. Nice composition and lighting. I agree that a shallower DOF would put more attention on the subject, and that it's not clear what the subject is doing. If I have to watch a music video (I assume, didn't watch it) to understand the photo, then there's not much point in viewing the photo.

There are many pro photographers who mix medias. There were a couple I saw in Galleries in Chelsea NY, I'll have to look in the morning for the card to get the name. But in my opinion, there's absolutely nothing wrong with complementing imagery with music, or a video, or even a pen or paintbrush.

Found her, check out "Shirin Neshat". You might be able to find the video as well, but her work really speaks and it all flows together.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back