TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mrlowlight.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
211897474-L.jpg

211897430-L.jpg

this might sound like a dumb question but what does HDR mean?

To be very simplistic, it is combining 3 or more seperate exposures and combining them using Photomatix, Photoshop, or another program that can generate HDR's. If your shooting three exposures, you need to make one dark (underexposed), one normal (evenly exposed), and one bright (over exposed)

Then you merge them with your editing program, tonemap it and you have an HDR. Google tutorials/ guides like Steph said to get the best explanation.

Now, to reply to the HDR's:

I really think the HDR's helped out a bit here. The details really stand out, and I really like the contrast/ colors. The sky was made better using HDR also.

Now, to reply to the HDR's:

I really think the HDR's helped out a bit here. The details really stand out, and I really like the contrast/ colors. The sky was made better using HDR also.

thanks that's good feedback....good simple rap on HDR too :). I have tried only a few images and am trying to decide whether to buy the photomatix software or not, I think I will though. The possible benfits for landscape work will be worth it, particularly as I can see the results of not going over the top with the effect.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back