TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.tcproimages.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
this is a leafhopper:
234454576-X3.jpg

Wow..great colors and a very nice shot yet again!

lol, everytime i see you name on the a post, im completly taken back by your photos! 1 ive never seen or heard of half the things you seem to find, and 2 there such breath taking photos, i think if i caught it in real life it wouldnt look half as good.
Awesome stuff, once again!

amazing colors... I'm looking at all your posts right now and it amazes me the variety of insects that I dont even know they exist... good shots!!

amazing colors... I'm looking at all your posts right now and it amazes me the variety of insects that I dont even know they exist... good shots!!

This is the best part about Macro. An endless supply of subjects and an incredible world that one never sees with the naked eye

Awesome photo. I assume (and somewhat verfied by Exif data) that you shoot these with your 100mm Macro. I'm sure that you've probably been asked this before, but what is your lighting setup? Just normal off Camera flash or some exotic ring light set up?

Thanks

thank you. Yes, the 100mm Macro. I use an external flash connected to the camera hotshoe. On the flash is a lumiquest soft box.

awesome! insects are so interesting. They are like little aliens when viewed up close

Another excellent photo! You are my favorite photographer on this forum. I love insects though. Are you sure that's not a Cicada? They kind of look alike I guess. So you're using a regular camera flash connected externally to the hot shoe? Where do you hold the flash? Also, I did a bug collection in high school. I found it so interesting that I kept up with it for a while. There are millions of different species of insects out there. Lots of amazing ones right here in America. I'm guessing that you are just walking around snapping photos of the bugs you see right? If you want to get some bugs at night, take a white sheet, and hang it up vertically somehow. A rope tied to a couple trees works great. Then, shine a black light on it. It drives bugs absolutely crazy and attracts them from long distances. Works great out in the country. I think the most interesting insects, are the ones that come out at night. Huge, beautiful moths like Luna's, Io's, Cecropia's etc. Neat beetles too. Anyways, you have inspired me to get a macro lens. I'm looking at the Sigma 105mm. What do you think of that lens?

Another excellent photo! You are my favorite photographer on this forum. I love insects though. Are you sure that's not a Cicada? They kind of look alike I guess. So you're using a regular camera flash connected externally to the hot shoe? Where do you hold the flash? Also, I did a bug collection in high school. I found it so interesting that I kept up with it for a while. There are millions of different species of insects out there. Lots of amazing ones right here in America. I'm guessing that you are just walking around snapping photos of the bugs you see right? If you want to get some bugs at night, take a white sheet, and hang it up vertically somehow. A rope tied to a couple trees works great. Then, shine a black light on it. It drives bugs absolutely crazy and attracts them from long distances. Works great out in the country. I think the most interesting insects, are the ones that come out at night. Huge, beautiful moths like Luna's, Io's, Cecropia's etc. Neat beetles too. Anyways, you have inspired me to get a macro lens. I'm looking at the Sigma 105mm. What do you think of that lens?

I appreciate your comments. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a Sharpshooter Leafhopper, but I could be wrong. This is a very little guy, maybe an inch. I do think they are in the same family tho...Homoptera.

Yes, that's exactly what I do. I hike a lot so I spend a lot of time looking around for bugs. I finally got two cameras, so now I can shoot wildlife and insects. Life is good.

I have seen wonderful images from the Sigma 105. I hear it's a great lens.

I can't wait till you share some of your work.

Most reactions

Back