She Plays like a Mink

Canoncan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I went out today specifically to look for some cardinals. As I was beside my car of all things a Mink ran by and went into this little culvert. It proceeded to play hide and seek with me for several minutes. It would not come out all the way but knew I was there. This is a first for me, seeing a wild Mink. Oh yea I took some cardinal shots as well.

Mink1.jpg

Mink2.jpg

Mink4.jpg

Mink5.jpg

Mink7.jpg

Mink8.jpg

CRW_7736_RJ.jpg

wow those are great shots, that is one posh mink,wearing a fur coat as well! :) it's practically posing for you there, you lucky thing! you could wait all day for shot's like those..

wow you captured those shots tremendously, i've been having trouble catching shots of birds etc, just getting used to an sler by the time i've set up whatever i'm shooting invariably disappears! Doh!

Nice shots!

Thanks for the feedback guys. It came accross the road. I think it was trying to get back accross the road and it saw me. It would stick its head out, look around and duck back in from the drainage pipe It went on for a few minutes then I left, thinking I was preventing from a lair or something.

How lucky can a photographer get? I really wonder!
A mink, in a fur coat ;), no less, posing for him! And so nicely, too, in wonderful light that makes its fur sparkle and shine. How I love the 5th of the six mink photos, with it looking back! So cute!

Whenever I drive out into the countryside (needn't go far for it, actually!) and see wild animals, even with my lense zoomed out to its full 300mm I only catch a tiny blob within a large frame of countryside... :(

Just a note, when taking wildlife you keep one for every 5 you take. My wife has been in aawe for years, as I take her with me on hikes through the woods, its not so much being lucky, it really is knowing where to look and having the patience to spend sometimes hours without having a chance to remove the lens cap. Here is one of 20 Mink shots that did not turn out well. Therefore not edited for saturation, levels or sharpness.
CRW_7746_RJ.jpg

Most reactions

Back