What's new

Shed with Grass

sleist

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Nov 8, 2009
Messages
3,872
Reaction score
2,368
Location
Somewhere in Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
p147158004-5.jpg


Nikon D700
Sigma 35mm f/1.4 @ f/5.6
​
 
I really like this! Maybe it could be a little lighter?
 
its okay. I like the three layers green grass, red wood, black roof top. it has some symmetry. I like going from looking at the old weathered wood in red to the fresh green grass growing beneath it. One old, one new. I like the square pattern in the left window, then the lines in the door, then the squiggly pattern in the right window. The roof also adds some texture.

I wonder if you might been able to get the patterns and textures out of this more, especially in the roof. im not sure this is captured at its full potential for what was there..
And as mentioned, it is a little dark, which doesn't make anyone want to look at it too long past the red/green contrast.
 
Thanks for the comments. I process and post online in dark backgrounds. This can lead to my seeing a dark exposure in a more favorable light (pun intended).
I did feel this might be a bit dark whe I posted it here (light background) -thanks for confirming. :)
Curves didn't help, so I'll go back to NEF and add some exposure compensation.

Thanks again!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom