Shelly's Bridal

My stab at cropping #2...

riggsbfcol00008crop.jpg

Good? Bad?

Great photos, i also noticed that number five looked odd with her looking up and away like that. Maybe she could be out of focus looking down at her flowers... that could be a nice effect, i think.
And i was also going to say that there is too much trees and surroundings in #2. If the bride wasn't wearing so much white it wouldv'e been hard to find her! The cropping by XMetal was good... but maybe a little bit more from the sides still... Other than that, awsome pics. Number 6 is my fav.

Beckymant said:
how did u create that color in number 5

Number 5 was done with a black and white treatment, and then I brought "back" certain portions of the photo and lowered the opacity, reminisant of old "hand painted photos" from the 1940's and early 1950s.
This is not something for everyone, nor is the angle that the photo was taken from, but this has become a kind of word of mouth thing for me, that brides like to pass to one another. It has become an expectant part of my work.
Some people get recommendations on selective coloring, I seem to get recommendations for selective DOF, "hand tinting", and weird angles.
I try to put myself in the mindset of the 20-25 year old bride who has grown up on MTV. And Viola.........there you have it.

mel02monroe said:
Great photos, i also noticed that number five looked odd with her looking up and away like that. Maybe she could be out of focus looking down at her flowers... that could be a nice effect, i think.
And i was also going to say that there is too much trees and surroundings in #2. If the bride wasn't wearing so much white it wouldv'e been hard to find her! The cropping by XMetal was good... but maybe a little bit more from the sides still... Other than that, awsome pics. Number 6 is my fav.

Thanks. Please keep in mind that all the photos I post here are directly from the bride's gallery. Because I don't know what size they want in any given photo, I try to leave 2 croppable inches in every photo per ratio of the original product. (from the longest end of the photo).
Thanks for the kind words.
Cindy

Pretty good looking woman, the groom is a very lucky man. Great shots as well, I love them all, especially the last two, did you decrease the saturation in number 5?

SeanL said:
Pretty good looking woman, the groom is a very lucky man. Great shots as well, I love them all, especially the last two, did you decrease the saturation in number 5?

Yeah, I bump the sat on just about everything. I'm a color junkie. :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back