She's a Doll

Knawx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ran across this when scouting locations to film at. So I hurry and snapped a shot of her. Comments and Critique welcome.

Atthebeach.jpg

Primary focus is drawn to the legs. The face is under-exposed and in shadow. The face is also soft as it's right at that edge where the depth of field starts dropping off. And the short focal length of the lens is REALLY emphasizing the legs.

The lines are kind interesting, though. I dunno... re-shoot with different lens/light?

Primary focus is drawn to the legs. The face is under-exposed and in shadow. The face is also soft as it's right at that edge where the depth of field starts dropping off. And the short focal length of the lens is REALLY emphasizing the legs.

The lines are kind interesting, though. I dunno... re-shoot with different lens/light?

Thank you for the suggestions, It's nice getting useful feedback.

It's great when you find a model who can really sit still.

I agree with all of PUGS comments. A lot of emphasis is on the legs. It's tricky to do this w/o making the rest of the image seem umimportant.

It would be really cool if you could get the DOF dialed to that everything from just below her knees to just above her eyes is in focus.

Perhaps you could do this with a wide angle macro lens and a very close, very low angle.

Failing all of this, I would at least crop it a few inches above her head to alter the balance of the composition, and then fill in some warm light on her face.​

Most reactions

Back