What's new

shiny balls

Knopka

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 22, 2005
Messages
543
Reaction score
14
Location
CT, USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Dec42005007.jpg


Dec42005008.jpg


Dec42005011.jpg


Dec42005012.jpg


Dec42005009.jpg
 
Well, the idea was good. A couple things I would do to improve the photos:
- Clean off the balls so they look good
- Tripod your camera and use a longer exposure so you dont need a flash.
- watch your backgrounds. (the background in #2 isn't the most flattering)

I would say do a reshoot with those in mind and your good to go.
 
I agree - Great shots, but one other thing.. Try not to be seen in your shots.. It's the hardest thing to do when shooting round reflective surfaces. I would set up a light tent - check this link out. - Here's a quick way to help set up a cheap light tent, using only facial tissues!

http://www.creativepro.com/story/feature/19002-1.html
 
Thanks, uberben & Dollface, for your advices, I'll keep all that in mind.
I couldn't clean or rearrange those balls, as I took the shots at work (that's the background in #2 - front entrance of the restaurant where I work) in between serving coffee & pancakes :).
I couldn't really focus & take my time. Flash was used only in the first picture; for the rest - existing light in the restaurant. I agree about the reflection of myself. Thanks for the link, Dollface, I'll definately check it out.
Thanks again for your comments, I appreciate them. And I try to remember each of your suggestions so i can improve my photos in the future ;).
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom