Shooting again! C&C I'm rusty!

Trever1t

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
wsgphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Seems like I'll have long periods of looking through archives to find something to edit to going to having multiple shoots. Here's a couple from today's shoot with Hannah, not the best of the lot but I like to edit in a semi chronological order (is that weird?) so mobetta to come!

_POR7628-Edit
by Bill Grayson, on Flickr

_POR7674-Edit

Welcome back!! Been missing your beautiful ladies.

Yowzah!

You have not lost the touch.

Welcome back. Love your work.

Some comments...

1. Lovely model, lovely setting. I think it would benefit from a wider aperture so you could blur out more of the background clutter.

2. I completely understand the editing approach. I too do not review all photos, pick out the best and then edit those.

3. Photo #1: like the pose. I'd make two changes if you had a do-over...have her lean at the waist to her right a bit more (so we get a bit more of a modest Z or S curve going there). Also, don't let her hair hang down in front against her waist--it hides the waist and adds 3-4 pounds visually. Also, I'd clone out the white cap on the top of the pool post to the model's right (viewer's left) near her elbow--it draws the viewer's eye.

Photo #2: Don't like her eyes in that one--it's like you caught her in mid-blink. Anything in post you can do to correct that? I'd remove the white reflection off the top of the bush. I'd crop her just above the knees. Otherwise, I like it--love pose and shot. The pool bar adds a nice diagonal line that works with the composition.

Photo #3: Like the composition, her pose is nice. Two things you can do in post that will enhance it in my opinion. First, she's got a small strap from her bathing suit on her left side between the pole and her thigh--remove that. Second, almost any curvaceous woman shot from the back, when the skirt or panties are tight, then it exaggerates the size of her butt. Create a bit more of a crease there with the panty line--that will still make her bottom half hour-glass like but that line where the butt crack would be more flattering.

That's my 2 cents. Lovely work. Thanks for sharing.

Always glad to see you posting here! As usual, very impressive work, and lovely choice of model. Really hoping you will stick around and post more soon!

Welcome back. Love your work.

Some comments...

1. Lovely model, lovely setting. I think it would benefit from a wider aperture so you could blur out more of the background clutter.

2. I completely understand the editing approach. I too do not review all photos, pick out the best and then edit those.

3. Photo #1: like the pose. I'd make two changes if you had a do-over...have her lean at the waist to her right a bit more (so we get a bit more of a modest Z or S curve going there). Also, don't let her hair hang down in front against her waist--it hides the waist and adds 3-4 pounds visually. Also, I'd clone out the white cap on the top of the pool post to the model's right (viewer's left) near her elbow--it draws the viewer's eye.

Photo #2: Don't like her eyes in that one--it's like you caught her in mid-blink. Anything in post you can do to correct that? I'd remove the white reflection off the top of the bush. I'd crop her just above the knees. Otherwise, I like it--love pose and shot. The pool bar adds a nice diagonal line that works with the composition.

Photo #3: Like the composition, her pose is nice. Two things you can do in post that will enhance it in my opinion. First, she's got a small strap from her bathing suit on her left side between the pole and her thigh--remove that. Second, almost any curvaceous woman shot from the back, when the skirt or panties are tight, then it exaggerates the size of her butt. Create a bit more of a crease there with the panty line--that will still make her bottom half hour-glass like but that line where the butt crack would be more flattering.

That's my 2 cents. Lovely work. Thanks for sharing.
Always glad to see you posting here! As usual, very impressive work, and lovely choice of model. Really hoping you will stick around and post more soon!

Hey Dan, always appreciate the time you take to give detailed C&C!

I suppose I could use a 4 stop ND to get a little wider, as it was I was shooting f4 or wider at 1/250 with a CPL and a negative 1 stop ISO (relative to native 64) for the bare strobe fill. I do have the ND filters but I've never used them :p

It's the details like you mention that I really need to focus on. Small things really do add up and greatly influence how an image is perceived. Thanks again! I'm here off and on, between my random shoots, work and all my hobbies! Here's one more I edited today.

_POR7690-Edit

Last edited:
Like this last one the best. Good job Trever!

Great work . Look forward to seeing your shots .

Most reactions

Back