Shooting ceremony indoors

Trever1t

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
wsgphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm shooting a ceremony indoors this weekend. I will be using the 24-70f2.8 only as the rooms are small and will be very crowded. I will have the SB-800 mounted on the D700.

I need some tips to get the best possible lighting in these conditions with some incandecant lighting some natural coming in through windows and the flash. I do have fairly good ceilings to bounce. I have the diffuser that came with the SB-800. I have Gels.

Reccomendations please, I want to get the best possible shots for the couple.

I would do some test shots with the combo. I know when I used the SB800 on my D700 I had to bump up the flash output some. Once I got the SB900 it made a difference.
I would think about a different type of diffuser is the stoffen is all you have , not sure how well it will work on the vertical shots.
I use this model and like the results and design. Get a cinch strap for it as well if you can. They have other models I'm sure you just don't want the harsh light from and undiffused/harsh flash. LumiQuest® Photographic Accessories | Quik Bounce
-
Shoot well, Joe
-
If you cannot find one, you can always make one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNCmuExlHvM

Unfortunately I don't have time to order a bracket (high on my list) or diffuser. Shooting verticle with the Stoffen isn't ideal but hopefully I can make do. Thanks for that link, I will take a hard look at that. Most of the shots will be in landscape as the particpants in the ceremony are going to be spread from one side of the room to the other.

I love my aurora big bounce card in these situations. Bounce off ceiling and the bounce card provide a really nice fill.

That's another option, undiffused with makeshift bounce card?

I love my aurora big bounce card in these situations. Bounce off ceiling and the bounce card provide a really nice fill.

That's another option, undiffused with makeshift bounce card?

yup, i got mine in a local store for like 20 bucks.

if im using my flash on camera indoor, the bounce card goes on it automacticly.

So would concensus be that a bounce card is better for my purpose then the snap on Stoffen? Index card and rubber band? :D

Look down! My wish came true

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back