Shooting Golf courses and sunsets

Weez

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have an older canon eos rebel (DSLR) and will be heading to hawaii for a few weeks and would like some hints on shooting golf course scenes and sunsets. Ive read that a magenta filter is great for the hawaiian sunsets because it adds a purple hue to the shot. Anyone have any suggestions?

My lenses all have polarizing filters but im wondering if i should be looking at something different? especially on the golf course shots since i would like to accentuate the greens of the grass and the blues of the ocean that will both be in alot of the shots.

Thanks in advance!

I have an older canon eos rebel (DSLR) and will be heading to hawaii for a few weeks and would like some hints on shooting golf course scenes and sunsets. Ive read that a magenta filter is great for the hawaiian sunsets because it adds a purple hue to the shot. Anyone have any suggestions?

My lenses all have polarizing filters but im wondering if i should be looking at something different? especially on the golf course shots since i would like to accentuate the greens of the grass and the blues of the ocean that will both be in alot of the shots.

Thanks in advance!
The polarizer is most effective when the Sun is 90 degrees to the lens axis and below 30 degrees above the horizon.

The polarizer will also saturate the colors. How much will depend on where the Sun is relative to the lens axis.

Thanks in advance!
The polarizer is most effective when the Sun is 90 degrees to the lens axis and below 30 degrees above the horizon.

The polarizer will also saturate the colors. How much will depend on where the Sun is relative to the lens axis.

Thanks KmH

Most reactions

New Topics

Back