Shooting in Forests

tyler_h

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What techniques/approaches do you use when photographing within forests. Any types, mainly interested in Australian forests as I won't be overseas any time soon but comments and suggestions from any others would be appreciated too.

Attached is the only shot I am sort of happy with.

2011_06_08_6252 by tyler_s_hamilton, on Flickr

Ways of processing are also of interest, as it can often make or break a shot.

Cheers.

the lighting is too harsh. try shooting later on in the day

If you shot this in RAW, try playing with the exposure slider and see how you like it with less light.

HDR could be a candidate for this photo. 5 different exposures +2,+1,0,-1,-2. Could look cool when altogether.

If you shot this in RAW, try playing with the exposure slider and see how you like it with less light.

Always RAW :)
I couldn't decide if more or less light would improve it. Played with both but settled on the above.

HDR could be a candidate for this photo. 5 different exposures +2,+1,0,-1,-2. Could look cool when altogether.

Yeah, highlights are blown beyond recoverable with ACR. I've found even when I shoot a set of exposure for HDR I end up liking the image I can get with 1 exposure more. I am only using PS for HDR though; I believe others are meant to give better results...

Any general suggestions?

hmmm... the angle is not very interesting... and the light is strong

try later in good time and choose great angle

You should try making this a 3d image with the trees. I like the division of the sunlight the trees help to great.

Most reactions

Back