Shooting with moonlight

Great shot, I love it.

Just out of curiosity, when was it? Most departments didn't go to semi-autos till what, the mid 80's?

This was the early 90's, I think... I went digital in 95, so it had to be previous to that. This particular officer loved his revolver and said it was far more accurate than the semiautomatics that the other officers were using at the time.

And yes, I actually gave him several copies of this shot.

Thanks once again for all of your interest in this shot, folks. I really appreciate it!

Great shot, I love it.

Just out of curiosity, when was it? Most departments didn't go to semi-autos till what, the mid 80's?

:lol: as a gun lover, that;s the first thing i noticed as well!

GREAT shot though...i also agree that the grain adds a very gritty reality to the shot....well done.

Thanks once again, all! I'm pretty surprised at your responses, thinking you'd tear this shot apart. What a pleasant surprise. :)

Merry Christmas to all of you!

Hello, you win my forst post. That is an amazing image.

You were able to adjust the iso in that split second? Wow!

Hey there,

With film, you shoot the entire roll at one ISO, so that it can be developed correctly. I was riding with one of the police officers that night, and we spotted the vehicle that was involved in the robbery. As soon as we spotted them, I rewound what I'd shot and put a fresh roll of TMAX P3200 in and adjusted the ISO to 12,800 and shot the entire roll of 36 exposures in a few moments.

Great question and thanks for you interest and asking!

Merry Christmas to all of you! :hugs:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back