Shopping for my father. Canon Rebel XTI 10.1 Megapixel.

digitallyanalogous

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone,

My dad wants to buy a Canon Rebel XTI 10.1 Megapixel camera and I was wondering if anyone could give me their opinion about this camera. I looked on ebay and on newegg.com for this thing and newegg.com seemed to give me the lower price but I was wondering if there are any other places where I could buy it at a cheaper price?

Now, onto the camera and accessories. My dad wants to buy a lens and a flash for the camera. Would it be a good idea to buy this camera right here (only the body)?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830120073

How's that for price and value?

And what are some great flash lenses and flashes for this thing? Like best value for buck?

I appreciate anyone's help :wink:

Sorry if I violated any rules here. I am sort of in a rush right now so I was not able to read any faqs.

Welcome to the forum.

That is definitely a great camera, no worries there. That seems to be the going price, not an outstanding deal though. I would suggest looking at B&H or Adorama for this type of purchase. (there should be links at the top of the page, it helps the forum if you use them when you buy).

Anyway, for a flash I suggest the Canon 430EX.

For a lens, what's the budget? If the budget is tight, then I suggest the regular kit lens...EF-S 18-55 and maybe a 50mm F1.8.

If you have more to spend, then I suggest foregoing the kit lens and getting a Tamron 17-50 F2.8 or a Sigma 18-50 F2.8.

If the budget is big, then have a look at the Canon EF-S 17-55 F2.8 IS.

Some other good lenses would be the Canon EF-S 10-22mm and some version of the 70-200mm.

Most reactions

Back