Short Eared Owl, or so they tell me

MitchP

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
and slightly soft, argh! Note the pupils of his eyes reacting to shade and sun.
DSC_7866dxo_1000px_1.jpg

What a shame you missed the focus - It is indeed a Short eared Owl :)

Les

What a shame you missed the focus - It is indeed a Short eared Owl :)

Les
Yep, if only... He was flying fast for the exit. Every year the local photographers descend to get this owl, but they all gather on a hill in a bunch. The last thing this bird wants to see.

Nice capture anyway, better luck next time with the focus but the pupil thing is pretty cool. How often do you see that? Thanks for sharing.

Nonetheless that is an amazing capture of a beautiful creature. Those moments give one very little time to react and focus.

A little soft maybe but I still like that shot. I'm looking forward to when they come back through this area. Where did you get this shot?

Nice capture anyway, better luck next time with the focus but the pupil thing is pretty cool. How often do you see that? Thanks for sharing.
He comes around this time of year for the past few years. I have some in focus shots, but nothing as dramatic as this one.

A little soft maybe but I still like that shot. I'm looking forward to when they come back through this area. Where did you get this shot?
I live down the street from a nature preserve in the San Francisco Bay Area. Everybody freaks out when this bird comes through, some of them running through the bushes chasing a shot. I found the way to find this bird is to get as far away from the crowd as possible ;)
Nonetheless that is an amazing capture of a beautiful creature. Those moments give one very little time to react and focus.

Thanks! Yes, just about enough time to raise the lens!

I couldn't resist taking this shot :D It kind of sums up the circus atmosphere when that poor owl comes through.

DSC_6732_DxO_1 small.jpg

That's just perfect!

Nice shot even though it's not perfect.

Most reactions

Back