Short term photography workshops

blitzen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all--I'm new to this forum and am looking for information on photography workshops, such as those offered by the Rocky Mountain Institute of Photography (did a few searches, but was unable to come up with anything in existing discussions). Ideally, I'm looking for a one-two week course that assumes some experience with a camera (i've been playing with my DSLR for about three years). Welcome any advice/recommendations you may have regarding such courses, especially if you've taken them yourself.
Many thanks!
v.

Try having a look at established photography shops or chains. I know in the UK the main high street photography chain runs a variety of workshops on various topics around the country. Or ask in your local store if they have any recommendations.

I know our local adult education colleges run classes, but they tend to be a longer commitment.

Check with your local community colleges and their continuing education departments, often they will have adult evening courses for beginner or intermediate or advanced, as well as photoshop courses. Another possibility, since Ottawa is a fair size city, is with local community councils. Often they will sponsor adult and weekend courses in various subjects. Senior's organizations and service organizations will also sponsor courses in the larger centers.

Thanks all, for your responses. I have done a beyond the basics course with a local photography school, but I am hoping to do something a bit more advanced, preferably in a cool location => (want to do a "learning vacation" type of thing)....will keep exploring. cheers,
v.

Most reactions

Back