Shot for a Makeup Artist

BrianStyles

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.brianstyles.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys. New to the forums. Did a shoot a while back for a makeup artist and decided to share. Don't crucify me too bad! :p

353aw4z.jpg

the processing is weird to me... yellow, magenta? in her hair.

the processing is weird to me... yellow, magenta? in her hair.

There are series of photographs on the web that implement this type of post process. Many artists and retouchers do similar things along these lines to complement colors already on the palette. It's just a different take.

We felt it complimented the yellow and magenta tones already in the makeup. Was recently published in a newsstand magazine here in the city. Fun stuff!

I like it except my eye keeps looking at all that hair, perhaps because it's not typically worn that way. It seems to fight for attention with the make up a little for me.

Well done! Lovely image and lady!

BrianStyles said:
Awesome! That was our intent! :)

Were they also a hair stylist on top of being a makeup artist? I would reckon you'd want to accentuate the makeup, and not the hair if the shot was for a makeup artist... Maybe I'm not following your logic.

BrianStyles said:
Awesome! That was our intent! :)

Were they also a hair stylist on top of being a makeup artist? I would reckon you'd want to accentuate the makeup, and not the hair if the shot was for a makeup artist... Maybe I'm not following your logic.

It's ok. I just didn't clarify. Yes, the MUA was also the MUAH so with that said, we were accentuating both assets.

the face pops, but the overall effect is meh (to me).

Why? While I love the exposure and the crisp details around the eyes and features... I love the treatment on the face...

but the hair seems... i dunno flat to me. I wonder if you could have selectively added contrast (or other adjustments) to make the hair pop as much as the face does?

Last edited:
The lighting together with the makeup gives a weird optical illusion that she's partially closing her left (our right) eye. Not a fan of the hazy yellow overlay, but yep, it's definitely a thing.

Love the way the hair frames the face.. and not seeing any optical illusions either.....

Most reactions

Back