Shot some pictures of a good friend - best work so far

elementguy13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I honestly believe this may be some of my best pictures that I have taken. I really love these photo's, especially the first. Let me know what you think.

4312886280_2651bc77ec_b.jpg

4312881270_d9eea94200_b.jpg

4312880212_959d92823a_b.jpg

I like them...I'm not worthy as a critic but I like the use of lighting - they're different somehow. Good bokeh, interesting shadows and strong reflections in his glasses (which I assume you were going for?). Interesting in a good way I think. Having said all of that, your off camera flash (I am assuming) may have over powered him in the second shot. He does have a very dark shadow on his neck from his hooded sweatshirt.

Just my $0.02.
- Dan

#1 - chin down and i don't think he's in profiles - nose ring looks nose-hairs.
#2 - better, at least more of my flavor. The reflection in the glasses is distracting it would be interesting to see if you'd zoom on the glasses to see what he's looking at
#3 - split lighting is nice but the way its done here it isn't one of those times

thank's for the insight. Though all of the pictures where shot using only natrual light. maybe I could have adjusted my position or something for the shadow but really no fill so whatever the sun felt like giving me it gave me :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back