Should I be proud of this shot?

coreduo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
48.jpg

300mm Nikon Zoom macro lens
5000D Nikon

Looks like a snapshot from a point and shoot to me. Why black and white? It's probably taking a lot away from the pic there's barely any contrast.

I cant give you an answer as i still have no clue as to what makes a great picture and what doesnt.
Ive seen several pictures that look like point and shoot and they get great reviews and then ive seen several that look like something i would actually pay for and they get negative reviews.
Ive been trying to read as many reviews as i can and look back at the photos to try to get a better understanding of this.
I am such a nube!

well, since you directly ask... NO, for me, there is way too much going on in this shot.

The shot is soft again because of your shutter speed to focal length 1/200 @ 300mm I told you this last time do you not listen:lol:

The shot is soft again because of your shutter speed to focal length 1/200 @ 300mm I told you this last time do you not listen:lol:

I believe this is the same picture that he posted last time? At least I have seen him post this one before... I think

I believe this is the same picture that he posted last time? At least I have seen him post this one before... I think

the other one was slightly different.

Unfortunately I have to agree. This shot does nothing for me. Just keep trying. Practice makes perfect. That's what I'm doing.

Technical issues aside...the image doesn't convey anything. It doesn't tell the viewer what kind of moment you captured. Did they just finish a race? Who won? Who lost? Are they just in the pool warming up?

Yeah, I see nothing about this image that's exciting or unique. It's a rather bland snap shot. :(

I thought you had to be skinny to compete in swimming...that's the issue that should be addressed at this point.

Most reactions

Back