Should you upload only phone pics to Instagram?

Discussion in 'Cell Phone Cameras & Camera Phones' started by nerwin, Sep 9, 2016.

1. waday

waday Do one thing every day that scares you Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I find most of those that "like" or "follow" me are just looking for like-for-like or follow-for-follow... or just advertising. Comments are like, "great! emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon". So much so that it's actually resulted in me posting less and using the service less. The algorithms are messing it up. The ones that they use suck big time ever since they started to try to show me what I "want" to see.

Also, after reading through the most recent terms and conditions, I'm not sure I want to really continue using the service. It did provide some insight into their algorithms. What I took from it is that they're going to monitor literally every single thing you do from what you scroll past to how long you look at an image to what hashtags you look at, and then it'll change your feed based on that. In their goal to shove what they think they want in front of me (and to collect as much information on me as possible), they're alienating me from the service. (Go figure, since I've somewhat stopped using FB for the same reasons, and IG is owned by FB.)

Just my complaints on the service.

• Like Like x 1
  2. nerwin

nerwin Been spending a lot of time on here!

Instagram got boring to me. I kept seeing the same pictures over and over again. It's not always the same photographer, sometimes it's just a scene I've already seen before. The post-processing fads like fade,, vintage, vsco style presets etc just so overused that its boring. There's no uniqueness.

Not saying everyone who uses instagram falls into that category, but their algorithms certintally prefers it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dikkie

Dikkie No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit

I think you're right about that.
    The algorithms are very weird stuff.