Showing your AEG!

KenCo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.takingthepic.com
Managed an hour or so around Tanfield station.....Oldest working railway in the world!

_MG_6177-Edit%20copy.jpg

_MG_6277-Edit%20copy.jpg

_MG_6287-Edit%20copy.jpg

_MG_6296-Edit%20copy.jpg

_MG_6303-Edit%20copy.jpg

_MG_6304-Edit%20copy.jpg

_MG_6325-Edit-Edit%20copy.jpg

Others to follow....
TFL.
Ken.

Nice, I especially like numbers 4 and 7, all of the shots really convey the oldness of the place

Those are pretty good shots, I wish there was better things to take pictures of in my area, there staircases, poles, and a bridge. Other than that not much that will look too original.

What cool textures you managed to capture here!
And I really like your eye for the detail, and the sharpness of your photos, of course.
And the AEG is that company's name, after all. At first I thought "Well, AEG is only known to me as that company who produce electrical appliances, I wonder what those letters may stand for, as well?" Nothing else :D.

I think my favourite is the third photo.
But then I also really like 4 ... and 5. And 6! :scratch:

I always like shots like this. I like 4 the best.

I didn't like the color choice so much, but I tend to like color on shots with decay... just a personal preference.

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

LaFoto: I have no idea what the AEG stands for unfortunately..... but thought it would be useful to include for the anagram.

Thanks again.
Ken.

It's "Allgemeine Elektricitaets Gesellschaft", a company founded in 1887 and having been called that ever since, for the production of light bulbs and other electrical appliances.

I love number 4. The depth of field is large enough to show a small amount of background detail, but small enough to draw your attention to the main feature, the colours and the paintwork make the place look ancient, and the broken lightbulb just works so well with the rest of the scene.

That said, all the others are fantastic too!!!

Wonderful series. 3, 6 and 7 are my faves. Excellent processing of these.

Thanks again for the further comments.

I wish there were some shots of the trains in operation too instead of all close-ups.
This is the third time I have visited here and went with the intention of getting up close or closer than i'd normally shoot. I have previously posted train pics from this place as below.

_MG_4214%20copy.jpg

Even some with ghosts!

_MG_4212%20copy.jpg

If you'd like to see more http://www.takingthepic.co.uk/Misc.html

Thyanks again for the comments.
Ken.

Excellent eye as always Ken...Your threads are always a treat to open. :thumbup::thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back