Shroom

Ronman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This past summer I noticed this mushroom as it came up in a container fern. It was just over an inch in diameter, with a tissue thin cap. One of the most delicate plants I've ever seen. I took it into the house and snapped some pictures, by that evening it was little more than a brown thread.....from nothing to nothing in less than a day.

Any fungologists around here for an ID?

WhiteMushroom2002StratClonedSMHR.jpg

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
interesting! but no idea.

poisonous?

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
That is the most delicate looking shroom I have ever seen. No expert AT ALL, I know NOTHING about fungus, but it sure looks beautiful. How did you light it when you took this photo?

OP
Ronman

Ronman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I've attempted to ID this mushroom since I posted it here, but it's difficult with no more than a photo. It appears to be of the genus Amanita possibly A. farinosa.

I lit this photo with a small florescent desk lamp. With the camera on a tripod I moved the light around until I got something that looked good and remotely released. Thank you for your comments. Ron

Trenton Romulox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jeremygrayphotography.com
Photos OK to edit
I like it, a lot! I've got no idea what kind of fungus it is, but it sure is an interesting specimen. I like the lighting, it really fits the whole fungus theme. Nice shot.

Most reactions

New Topics