Shutter Release

I have the RC-1 an it works very well. The shutter releases are all fairly cheap so I see no reason you shouldn't get one made by the camera manufacturer. I personally wouldn't get the third party one, but that's really up to you.

+1 on the RC-1 recommendation. It's only $25 and it works super. Immediate release, or 2 second delayed. I've used it so many times I can't even count.

The main reason I went with the wired remote was because I couldn't find anything that says the wireless allows you to lock the shutter open during bulb. (that and I heard you have to reach out and around front of the camera for it to work, but that is really minor)
But then you can't be in the picture really with the wired one, so its really a personal preference IMO, aside from getting both.

Edit, I don't think you can focus with the wireless either.

@ battletone i got a a wireless from gadgetinfinity.com and it works great. it suports half press, full press, and bulb mode.

It is more than 25$ but for the ability it gives you an extra 15 will not kill you.

Just to be clear, Canon's RC-1 does support bulb, or at least it did with my EOS Elan IIe, Digital Rebel, XTi, and 5DII. You don't hold the remote in. You press it once to open the shutter and once again to close it.

Most reactions

Back