What's new

Shutter Release

BuS_RiDeR

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Oct 29, 2009
Messages
2,355
Reaction score
83
Location
Riverview, New Brunswick, Canada.
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking for suggestions on a remote shutter release for the Canon 50D.

Should I choose the "Canon" one for the 50D or go with a 3rd party... cordless is attractive but not necessary.
 
I have the RC-1 an it works very well. The shutter releases are all fairly cheap so I see no reason you shouldn't get one made by the camera manufacturer. I personally wouldn't get the third party one, but that's really up to you.
 
+1 on the RC-1 recommendation. It's only $25 and it works super. Immediate release, or 2 second delayed. I've used it so many times I can't even count.
 
The main reason I went with the wired remote was because I couldn't find anything that says the wireless allows you to lock the shutter open during bulb. (that and I heard you have to reach out and around front of the camera for it to work, but that is really minor)
But then you can't be in the picture really with the wired one, so its really a personal preference IMO, aside from getting both.

Edit, I don't think you can focus with the wireless either.
 
@ battletone i got a a wireless from gadgetinfinity.com and it works great. it suports half press, full press, and bulb mode.

It is more than 25$ but for the ability it gives you an extra 15 will not kill you.
 
Just to be clear, Canon's RC-1 does support bulb, or at least it did with my EOS Elan IIe, Digital Rebel, XTi, and 5DII. You don't hold the remote in. You press it once to open the shutter and once again to close it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom