Side of a Barn

sleist

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
20120705918-X3.jpg

C&C welcome as always ....

Great detail in the wood! Those two poles are annoying, though. And I wish those clouds wouldn't come out of the roof like that. Apart from that, this is very nice IMO! :thumbup:

That is... indeed... the side of a barn.

Thank you sir.
I tried hard to think of a title that best represented this capture.
I spent many seconds in this endeavor and I can now rest assured it was not in vain.

:)

I agree with compaq's critique about the two poles. The one on the right is the more troublesome of the two. The one on the left doesn't bother me as much. Overall, I love the geometry and lines of this composition.

Thanks folks! The pole on the right bothers me as well - mostly the clipping. There is room to add some space, but there is a car behind it that I was not certain I wanted to work at removing.
I think I'll work on the original some more and see if I can make it less irritating.

Thanks again.

Great picture! The detail in the wood is so great...

A small correction just that white cloud that I would remove in PP :thumbup:

Very nice overall. The textures really jump out at you the way they often do in a good BW image. I'm OK with the poles, but I agree with others about the clouds. The contrast is a little over the top for me, but I know you prefer it that way.

Thank you sir.
I tried hard to think of a title that best represented this capture.
I spent many seconds in this endeavor and I can now rest assured it was not in vain.

:)

My perhaps too subtle point was that there doesn't seem to be a ton to the image. Neat texture, sure... but that's kinda it.

Also, general rule with buildings is never shoot them dead-on because it robs the building of depth, which makes the image (literally) flat.

Even with a bit more depth, however, the image is still very unassuming. Nothing wrong with it, per se, just nothing "wow" about it.

As a portrait of the barn, this would be very nice as part of a series. 6-8 pictures of the barn, with the same processing, from different angles would make a nice collection. This image, while I like it, would perhaps be stronger in such a series.

I'm going to have to disagree with Manaheim. I really like the image precisely for its texture, geometric framing and the two-dimensional feel. That little whisp of cloud could probably be cloned out, as it doesn't seem to add much to the image. As for the two posts - not sure. The left one is more intrusive than the right, but at the same time, it feels like it belongs, at least to my eye. What catches my attention is the contrast between the grasses in the front (tone, shape) compared to the lines and texture of the barn.

As a portrait of the barn, this would be very nice as part of a series. 6-8 pictures of the barn, with the same processing, from different angles would make a nice collection. This image, while I like it, would perhaps be stronger in such a series.

Interesting that you say this because that is exactly what I did. Perhaps I should post the group, either in this thread or another, and get some additional feedback.

Most reactions

Back