Sierras

spacefuzz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I spent another weekend in the Sierras and here were some of the shots I liked, would love to know what you think and any C&C. Thanks!

1. McGee Canyon, 8 minute exposure at high ISO after sunset.
$McGee Creek.jpg

2. Buttermilk Sunrise, outside of Bishop. 5 stop GND filter.
$Buttermilk Sunrise.jpg

3. White Mountain, 200mm shot just because the clouds were pretty.
$white mountain.jpg

Dammit Dude, these are wonderful. 2nd and 3rd especially. Love the alpenglow you captured in #2. For #1, the peak is a bit too dark for my taste.

Jealous as always....

Desi

Wind forecast: 0mph!

#1, love the sky, the foreground is awesome too. Knowing the exposure was so long, I'm very surprised at the level of detail in the foreground. Even a slight breeze, and you'd think there'd be some significant blurring.

#2, Favorite of the set. Foreground is great, mountains have sweet light, sky is nice.

#3, best sky, ufortunately it was probably too dark to expose the foreground correctly.

Wind forecast: 0mph!

#1, love the sky, the foreground is awesome too. Knowing the exposure was so long, I'm very surprised at the level of detail in the foreground. Even a slight breeze, and you'd think there'd be some significant blurring.

#2, Favorite of the set. Foreground is great, mountains have sweet light, sky is nice.

#3, best sky, ufortunately it was probably too dark to expose the foreground correctly.

Yeah now that you mention it, Im suprised there was no wind as well.
For 3 I actually darkened the mountain in an attempt to help the snow pop. It just felt drab when lighter.

For the dark mountain in #1 I will see if I can dodge that some more.

thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back