Sights of Spring

ssocal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
From last weekend, lots of critters and blossoms in the Mojave Desert along the Colorado River

Desert Tortoise waking up from hibernation
13449-tortoise.jpg

local "Snowbird"
13449-goose.jpg

Yucca Flower
13449-yucca.jpg

Wild Flower
13449-wildf.jpg

Some kind of plant...I like the shadows
13449-waterplant.jpg

This golden light in the last one is quite dramatic, the sun was so low already that the rock looks all "sculpted", very much of its relief is sown, nice ... and yes, the shadow of that slightly green tree on the rock is also really nice. I also like how you composed this one, withe the water and the level lines covering only the far down bottom and the tree and its shadow being on the right. For balance then, there is the deep shadow of that large crevice on the upper left. Good!

None of the first four can compete with this last one.
The tortoise shows signs of camera shake.
The goose eye is in the VERY centre of your frame - so that one is quite sharp but not so successful compositionally.
The yucca flower lacks the colours, the sky in the background looks all bland and the flower ... does too. Maybe going less close-up but including some more "context" could have helped here.
And the other flower looks blurred all over.

But that golden one - the last!
WOW.

Thanks for the comments, I do recognize the “deficiencies” in the first four. The last one really caught my eye; the canyon walls really had a Golden Look. I glad I was able to capture it.

Most reactions

Back