Sigma announced a 14-24 f/2.8 ART

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looks very handsome. Love the exterior cosmetics.

Looks very handsome. Love the exterior cosmetics.
Agreed. I'm still not sure what the convertible front end is for, but perhaps someone else can speak to it. The article said it's to eliminate interference with other lenses and to eliminate shadows cast on lenses used in multi camera setups. I have no idea what that means as I have no frame of reference.

At the bottom of the article it talked about the round hood conversion for shooting VR stuff.

How many Lenses would you like to buy?

Redirect Notice

google images link to a vr cam setup

Hold crap indeed! :)

Price was just announced at $1299. Pretty reasonable assuming the IQ is on par with the rest of the ART line. At full retail it's still a less expensive option than even a refurbished Nikon 14-24.

My personal guess is that in the near future Nikon will answer in kind with an updated version, but similar to their updated 24-70 it will be much more expensive than their current offering with only minor gains. Fingers crossed, it might be my UWA I've been holding out for, though I feel like I've said that a few times now...

Hard to say without seeing it next to another lens or on a camera; but it looks much smaller than the Nikon version. Which is awesome.

I still think I might prefer the Tamron 15-30 unless the optical performance on this lens is a lot better.

I’d like an UWA zoom eventually, but honestly, I’ve yet to have a desire to go wider than my 20mm 1.8.

Well, I just ordered a Sigma 14-24 Art.
UPS says I will have it tomorrow on 6/7/18. (Hope it arrives early so that I don't have to wait most of day)

Found this one in a bundle from Amazon that seems to have the USB dock with it !

I picked up one of the Sigma 14-24 f/2.8 Art lenses right after they hit the shelves. LOVE it, absolutely love it. It is large and heavy, but quality comes with a price in those areas. I was going to go with the Nikon 14-24 because... well... Nikon 14-24 f/2.8, how can you argue against one of those? I found that answer, argue against one with the Sigma. Hundreds less and built like a tank with stunning performance. Had to tweak the settings slightly to match my D800E using the dock, but doing so turned a great lens into an unbelievable lens.

Now I wait five years and pick one up used...

Well, I just ordered a Sigma 14-24 Art.
UPS says I will have it tomorrow on 6/7/18. (Hope it arrives early so that I don't have to wait most of day)

Found this one in a bundle from Amazon that seems to have the USB dock with it !
I think that is same bundle I bought. The bundle I bought I believe was $100 cheaper than buying bare lens from Sigma. BTW: Never had any need to put the lens on usb dock. I bought mine sometime ago.

Most reactions

Back