sigma hsm lense compatibility

goodoneian

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey, i have a nikon d40x with a sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.5 macro lense. it has the hsm motor in it which is required for the auto focus to function on the d40 series, but i'm thinking about upgrading to a d200 and i'm not sure if the lense would still be able to auto focus on that body. any help is appreciated, thanks

hey, i have a nikon d40x with a sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.5 macro lense. it has the hsm motor in it which is required for the auto focus to function on the d40 series, but i'm thinking about upgrading to a d200 and i'm not sure if the lense would still be able to auto focus on that body. any help is appreciated, thanks

Yup, you'll be fine.

Its also the same way with nikkor lenses. You can use the AF-S lenses on other cameras than the d60/d40(x), even though they are the only ones that work (autofocus) on them.

You may know this already, but I wanted to add that HSM in the lens makes it focus faster and quieter on cameras that already have a focusing motor in it. So motor-less cameras aren't the only ones that benefit from an HSM lens. (if I'm not mistaken)

This is especially important in big long tele's. To move all that glass to bring your image into focus can take some power, thus the extra motor.

You may know this already, but I wanted to add that HSM in the lens makes it focus faster and quieter on cameras that already have a focusing motor in it. So motor-less cameras aren't the only ones that benefit from an HSM lens. (if I'm not mistaken)

i thought that was the deal, but i wasn't too sure. thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back