Signature in ps troubles!? xx

jemmy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all, sorry i know this has been covered and a while ago but i've tried a search to no avail... when i read it i wrote down how to do it for future reference... YYPhoto wrote out this method..
1. open new small image with a transparent background.
2. type signature & preferred font, size etc..... i'm fine up to here
3. Choose edit>define brush. name "signature" ok.... now here i cannot click on define brush as it is in pale print (inactive?) and won't let me??

4. Pick size of signature using master diameter setting in the brush select drop down menu.
5. Open photo that you want to stamp on & choose brush "signature", stamp!

Anyone know what i'm doing wrong....:confused: ...xxx:heart: thanks

Hold control and click on the text layer to make a selection of it. The "define brush" option should no longer be greyed out then.

Bumma!!!!!!!!!! still not happening... Matt, i tried what you said but still greyed out
Archangel - i am using PS7
xx Thanks

Hmmmm....... i remember having an issue with it before with an older version of ps...... if your sure you've tried as matt suggested...... and the signiture has a selection around it...... then im unsure what to try off the top of my head.

PS CS2 resolved all issues with brush selection..... and its dead easy, so i cant help you with the comp im using now...... if no one else comes up with the solution i'll try an older machine in work tomorrow and check it out. ;)

Jemmy, I have photoshop 7 and what I told you works. You must be doing something wrong. I dunno. When you ctrl-clicked the text layer, did a selection appear around the text on your document? (little moving ants)

Heck, I even get it without selecting.

Most reactions

Back