Signs Of Spring...

emptypockets

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These shots were taken outside of the office building where I work. Comments and thoughts welcomed!

springbud.jpg

buds1.jpg

pinecone1.jpg

ok, well the first ones out of focus (slightly obvious =P) and, though i like the composition, the lighting is a bit harsh. im guessing it went out of focus when you move the camera after setting the initial focus of the plant. if u have a manual focus option, set the focus then switch to manual before you move the camera so it wont change

the second one has some noise and bland looking colors and those bits of plant in the front, and the blown out sky in the back distract the eye. its and interesting looking subject, but try a different angle, maybe from the side with different composition (avoid the exact center of the frame)

the last one, however, is better. i like the lighting and the composition, and the subject is simple, but interesting nonetheless. however, that little bit of plant hanging over the end of the pine cone bugs me, and the coloring still looks a little bland to me

all in all, id say these shots had good thought behind them, but they could have been better if youd taken a bit more time on them. one thing that helps me is when i see something interesting, i dont just snap a pic and then move on, i snap the first pic, but then i move around the subject, looking for different angles and interesting lighting. that perfect shot could just be a couple feet in a different direction, so dont be afraid to experiment

and sorry if i come off as a jerk, im not tryin to be
just tryin to help =P

ok, well the first ones out of focus (slightly obvious =P) and, though i like the composition, the lighting is a bit harsh. im guessing it went out of focus when you move the camera after setting the initial focus of the plant. if u have a manual focus option, set the focus then switch to manual before you move the camera so it wont change

the second one has some noise and bland looking colors and those bits of plant in the front, and the blown out sky in the back distract the eye. its and interesting looking subject, but try a different angle, maybe from the side with different composition (avoid the exact center of the frame)

the last one, however, is better. i like the lighting and the composition, and the subject is simple, but interesting nonetheless. however, that little bit of plant hanging over the end of the pine cone bugs me, and the coloring still looks a little bland to me

all in all, id say these shots had good thought behind them, but they could have been better if youd taken a bit more time on them. one thing that helps me is when i see something interesting, i dont just snap a pic and then move on, i snap the first pic, but then i move around the subject, looking for different angles and interesting lighting. that perfect shot could just be a couple feet in a different direction, so dont be afraid to experiment

and sorry if i come off as a jerk, im not tryin to be
just tryin to help =P

I appreciate your comments and know that you're just trying to help, so no worries! The only way I'm going to get better is to learn from comments on my pics. I agree about the first being out of focus and the colors being a little bland on the second two. I'm still learning PSE 6, so wanted things to be as natural as possible without appearing to be too processed and fake. Thanks again for the comments!!

ah i got PSE 6 too
Scott Kelby's comin out with a book on it soon, hes pretty good u might wanna check it out

Most reactions

New Topics

Back