The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I think that pictures of people are much more effective if they have a visual context and street shots of people that are unaware of the shooter but concentrating on something really gives the viewer a chance to look at a person without the usual mask of a person who knows he/she is being photographed.
The value of a good sharp image is that the viewer can forget he/she is looking at a 'picture.'

This was taken at the annual Sikh Day Parade in NYC.

$NYC--0794219.jpg

hmm, did not know that there was a Sikh day parade in NYC. Since how long has this parade being held? I like the picture. Thanks for posting.

Nice detail and good sharpness, but the presence of strong orange tones in the background distract from the man's face ...
I think they give context as to what is going on around the subject, the parade.

Nice detail and good sharpness, but the presence of strong orange tones in the background distract from the man's face ...

Thanks for the comment and looking but I like the colors as they reinforce the colors in the subject's turban

hmm, did not know that there was a Sikh day parade in NYC. Since how long has this parade being held? I like the picture. Thanks for posting.

I think they give context as to what is going on around the subject, the parade.

I came across it by accident but will go back next year.
Thanks for comments.

Lew

Nice pic. Crop is a little tight for me but probably would have been so bad if he didnt have the epic beard. That is a lot of beard. Love the colors. Great vibrance.

Most reactions

Back