Silhouette Self Portrait

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
There is something I like about this but I can't put my finger on it. I can pick out what I normally would really dislike in this image, no white/all midtones, the ground is obvious and not very appealing, the light cedar branch beside the silhouette.
My eye is drawn back to the silhouette and there is something really appealing about the whole.

Would love to hear your thoughts since I can't figure out why I'm drawn to this one ;)

Thanks!

Your silhouette is nice but the picture overall is just all right. The shadows from the branches kill it for me.

There is something I like about this but I can't put my finger on it. >SNIP>
My eye is drawn back to the silhouette and there is something really appealing about the whole.

Would love to hear your thoughts since I can't figure out why I'm drawn to this one ;)

I'd say extreme narcissism is probably the answer. Hard to say definitively though, without thousands of dollars' worth of analysis, but that's just a gut-level feeling, based on your many posts here and the obvious signs, as per the post above. Toodles!

P.S.: I just saved you THOUSANDS of dollars! Where shall I send the bill for my over-the-web diagnostic services?

Derrel said:
I'd say extreme narcissism is probably the answer.

LOL....I love this guys comments.

IMO....I like most things about this image. Considering the artistic composition....I like much. I am a fan of black and white stuff like this...abstract and also literal. There are a lot of things to be drawn here. Actually....me and a buddy jus had a 5-minute argument about this image! He thinks it's a no-go...but he's not a photographer ;)

So...crop it...there is WAY too much space on the RHS! The shadow tells volumes about this image...tells the story completely. I like it as a minimalist/abstract image...good in BandW

Your silhouette is nice but the picture overall is just all right. The shadows from the branches kill it for me.
Thanks for taking a look and sharing your thoughts :)
There is something I like about this but I can't put my finger on it. >SNIP>

I'd say extreme narcissism is probably the answer. Hard to say definitively though, without thousands of dollars' worth of analysis, but that's just a gut-level feeling, based on your many posts here and the obvious signs, as per the post above. Toodles!

P.S.: I just saved you THOUSANDS of dollars! Where shall I send the bill for my over-the-web diagnostic services?
lol! Thank you Derrel! Zomg that explains sooooo much in my life and no pesky therapy to figure it out, whatever would I do without you?? ;)

Derrel said:
I'd say extreme narcissism is probably the answer.

LOL....I love this guys comments.

IMO....I like most things about this image. Considering the artistic composition....I like much. I am a fan of black and white stuff like this...abstract and also literal. There are a lot of things to be drawn here. Actually....me and a buddy jus had a 5-minute argument about this image! He thinks it's a no-go...but he's not a photographer ;)

So...crop it...there is WAY too much space on the RHS! The shadow tells volumes about this image...tells the story completely. I like it as a minimalist/abstract image...good in BandW
Thanks, that's cool that it is creating conversation :) I'm still on the fence about the shot, I think there is something there that is good (other than it being me as per Derrel's post lol) so perhaps a revisit at some point.
I'll try your crop suggestion.
First , my question...do you have any Indian connection? This looks like a Bollywood pose; i very much liked it because it makes me nostalgic.... :D
Not that I know of but there might be an Indian connection for me. I was adopted and have no history on my birth parents but I am darker in complexion and both myself and my oldest daughter get asked all the time "what we are", both Indian and Native Canadian come up all the time ;)
That's not a silhouette... that's a shadow.

And that's not a portrait... that's a snapshot.
Thanks for taking a look and sharing your thoughts Christopher, semantics aside I think that there is something in this shot that can be built on and that is the main reason I posted it, hoping someone would catch onto what it is and help me see it.

Awww... You said silhouette self portrait and I started to drool a little before I even opened this. I had imagines you in front of a sunset with a view of the ocean in the distance and... needless to say... this was disappointing.

Maybe it is just taking the image of a shadow too literally.

Thanks for taking a look and sharing your thoughts :)

lol! Thank you Derrel! Zomg that explains sooooo much in my life and no pesky therapy to figure it out, whatever would I do without you?? ;)

Thanks, that's cool that it is creating conversation :) I'm still on the fence about the shot, I think there is something there that is good (other than it being me as per Derrel's post lol) so perhaps a revisit at some point.
I'll try your crop suggestion.
First , my question...do you have any Indian connection? This looks like a Bollywood pose; i very much liked it because it makes me nostalgic.... :D
Not that I know of but there might be an Indian connection for me. I was adopted and have no history on my birth parents but I am darker in complexion and both myself and my oldest daughter get asked all the time "what we are", both Indian and Native Canadian come up all the time ;)
That's not a silhouette... that's a shadow.

And that's not a portrait... that's a snapshot.
Thanks for taking a look and sharing your thoughts Christopher, semantics aside I think that there is something in this shot that can be built on and that is the main reason I posted it, hoping someone would catch onto what it is and help me see it.

This is how you answer feedback on this forum humbly. :thumbup:

I think of silhouttes as a bit more three dimmensional than a shadow. Example

Most reactions

New Topics

Back