Silhouette

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
740-6695.jpg

Cool, shot. The silhoutte's work nicely. You would happen to know what that little blue spot is in the sky would you?

Cool, shot. The silhoutte's work nicely. You would happen to know what that little blue spot is in the sky would you?

Blue sky.

(the cloud layer usually isn't all that thick in the valley where this was taken.)

:) -- Thanks.

The thirds are hitting 3 out of the four. The clouds are wonderful as usual, but I think the foreground is missing some detail.

Gotta eventually make something other than fabulous comment. :lol:

Seriously, I think the foreground is a bit dark on this one.

I think it's perfect. IMO if you lighten up the foreground you lose some of the "silhouette" effect. ;)

You always have such great work abraxas. What camera do you use? (not that it really matters/ just curious)

Nice! Where is that? Joshua Tree?

Nah. I live about 70 miles from there. This is a Joshua tree a few miles from the house.

The thirds are hitting 3 out of the four. The clouds are wonderful as usual, but I think the foreground is missing some detail.

Gotta eventually make something other than fabulous comment. :lol:

Seriously, I think the foreground is a bit dark on this one.

The foreground was very drab. I shot various exposures and tried an HDR version, but I didn't think it was worth it. Just a bunch of dry, dull brown brush. I'm not real comfortable with the comp- just a little too stretched. I tried a few crops but things just weren't working out.

I think it's perfect. IMO if you lighten up the foreground you lose some of the "silhouette" effect. ;)

You always have such great work abraxas. What camera do you use? (not that it really matters/ just curious)

Thank you- I appreciate that. I use both a nikon d80 and d70, depending on what lens I have on what. I prefer the d80 with the 18-70 and a tiffen circular polarizer. I leave the cp on all the time because I like working with longer exposures.

-

Ah cool, I have a D80 too and I just got a polarizer. It was really cheap but the company said they used "state-of-the-art optics" or whatever haha. I tried it out for the first time yesterday and I could definitely tell a difference. :)

Ah cool, I have a D80 too and I just got a polarizer. It was really cheap but the company said they used "state-of-the-art optics" or whatever haha. I tried it out for the first time yesterday and I could definitely tell a difference. :)

I like it better than an UV filter.

Most reactions

Back