What's new

Silhouettes for C&C

Tight Knot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Nov 30, 2010
Messages
1,398
Reaction score
159
Location
Boca Raton, FL
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

Here are a few sunrise-up-a-street shots and silhouettes for C&C.

1.
$2 rows of cars on a street late afternoon shadows.webp



2.
$RBS Ayalon street in the early morning - 2 women crossing silhouette.webp



3.
$RBS Ayalon street in the early morning - boy with hat and case crossing - silhouette.webp



4.
$RBS Ayalon street in the early morning - boy with hat crossing - silhouette.webp




5.
$RBS Ayalon street in the early morning - man crossing silhouette.webp




6.
$RBS Ayalon street in the early morning going up to the sun - 2.webp
 
I like these a lot. Do you mind me asking where were the B&W's shot?
 
I like these a lot. Do you mind me asking where were the B&W's shot?

Thanks ffarl,

Believe it or not, they're not B&W's it's just that I exposed for the light.
They were taken in Israel in a city called Ramat Beit Shemesh fairly early in the morning.
 
4 & 5 are my favorites. I'm looking for a more centered view of the people crossing so those appeal to me. Nice shots :)
 
I think 2,3,4 &5 are quite excellent

Thanks Lew,

What do you think of the different angle of number 2?

I think that's a distinction without real difference; both are quite good.
In #2, I get the distinct feeling that he has missed the bus and so the bus and the man share the center of interest.

Again, quite nice. (and I think most silhouettes are terrible cliches but these are a real statement.
Well done.
 
4 & 5 are my favorites. I'm looking for a more centered view of the people crossing so those appeal to me. Nice shots :)

Hi Msteelio91,

Thanks for the C&C.
 
I think 2,3,4 &5 are quite excellent

Thanks Lew,

What do you think of the different angle of number 2?

I think that's a distinction without real difference; both are quite good.
In #2, I get the distinct feeling that he has missed the bus and so the bus and the man share the center of interest.

Again, quite nice. (and I think most silhouettes are terrible cliches but these are a real statement.
Well done.

Thanks again Lew,

I see what you mean with number 3, it gives the photo a whole new meaning.
 
#4 has the most classic, perfected body position and is my favorite of the bunch. As Lew mentioned, frames 2 and 3 are also pretty decent. The camera's vantage point, with the dropping then elevating, back-lighted roadway is just SUPER for this type of shooting! Just a marvelous location where the technique and camera work are perfect for the landscape.
 
S
#4 has the most classic, perfected body position and is my favorite of the bunch. As Lew mentioned, frames 2 and 3 are also pretty decent. The camera's vantage point, with the dropping then elevating, back-lighted roadway is just SUPER for this type of shooting! Just a marvelous location where the technique and camera work are perfect for the landscape.
Thanks for the C&C Derrel,
I'm planning on going back and bringing a model with baby stroller to try a few shots.
 
Do you think it has more impact this way?$RBS Ayalon street in the early morning - 2 women crossing silhouette.webp
The flagpole on left is fine if you want it but it competes with the repeating lines of the light posts so you could clone it out if you fancied.
 
Do you think it has more impact this way?View attachment 75820
The flagpole on left is fine if you want it but it competes with the repeating lines of the light posts so you could clone it out if you fancied.

Thanks for the keyseddie,

The pole on the left is a light post with the top cut off. I'd have to play with it and see if it's better without the pole in it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom