silly auxiliary lenses :)

SrBiscuit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so i am having SUCH a hard time justifying the sigma 10-20.
do i want it?...of COURSE i do. i've heard nothing but great things about it...
it's that dang $450 price tag that is making me hesitate right now.
do my skills justify the purchase?....eh...debatable ;)

so for the time being, i went ahead and pulled the trigger on this little item. price tag is much easier to swallow. seems to have ok reviews...i think i know what to expect for IQ. i dont want it for the fisheye necessarily...but i do like the idea of getting some wider shots at a cheaper price.

anybody have any experience with this? or care to laugh at my silly new toy?:lol:

Amazon.com: Precision Design 0.25X Super AF Fish Eye Lens for Film & Digital SLR Lenses by Canon: Camera & Photo

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Ugh, thats not even a lens, but a lens adapter. I will be polite, though, and wish you luck with it and hope you enjoy it. :)

For me and the way that I think, that is 60 dollars further away from getting "the good stuff".

Having trouble justifying the 10-20? Check this out and change your mind:

10-20mm.com

Ugh, thats not even a lens, but a lens adapter. I will be polite, though, and wish you luck with it and hope you enjoy it. :)

For me and the way that I think, that is 60 dollars further away from getting "the good stuff".

i agree jerry, and im going into it knowing full-well that it is just a toy...something i imagine will frustrate me into getting the 10-20.:lol:

thanks for the link icassell...gotta check that out.:thumbup:

I think you should put that $60 into the piggy bank and hold off on that lens adapter. I am sure you will get pictures from it. But what will the quality be, and what will they be useable for? I tried a 500 mirror lens a long time ago (when I started college). A $100 big telephoto was a big apeal to me when I first started. Then after I started to ues it, I realized I wasted a $100. After a while I save up and bought a 300mm f/2.8. From experience I can tell you it's worth the wait. Fight the I have to have it now feelings. Just think that $60 is almost 15% of that Sigma!

I think you should put that $60 into the piggy bank and hold off on that lens adapter. I am sure you will get pictures from it. But what will the quality be, and what will they be useable for? I tried a 500 mirror lens a long time ago (when I started college). A $100 big telephoto was a big apeal to me when I first started. Then after I started to ues it, I realized I wasted a $100. After a while I save up and bought a 300mm f/2.8. From experience I can tell you it's worth the wait. Fight the I have to have it now feelings. Just think that $60 is almost 15% of that Sigma!

true..it is 15% of the one i want.
you make good points...the POS adapter has been ordered, so i'll chalk this up to learning and start socking away $ for the 10-20 that i really would rather have.

and icassells link is killing me btw...lol

and icassells link is killing me btw...lol

:lol: I thought that might have an effect -- it convinced me instantly. Those images are amazing.

argh...just found that dumb adapter i ordered on my local craigs list for $35...ill return the one i ordered if i can snag this one up. i guess $35 for a toy beats $70 for a toy.:D

Even wasting 35 bucks is not smart, IMHO. Cancel the useless stuff and get good glass!

There are only 2 things in photogrpahy that you should buy ONCE of and buy the BEST you can afford... lenses and lighting. NEVER settle for 2nd best, it is a waste of time, money and effort.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back