silver dilemma!!!

jemmy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all,
Forgive me if this is a stuuuuuuuuuuupid question, but thought i would ask anyway! i am working on the final stages of my logo... it is basic white background, black text and a black leafy-type design but i want the 'leaves' to be silver... now is there anyway of creating silver in photoshop? at the moment i am using grey but wondering if it is possible to do silver so that i can save the file then send to the printers? dumb i know:confused:, but thought i'd ask the experts! x thanks in advance. x jem

Silver is nothing more than grey with a specular highlight, i.e. shiny and with texture. I'm not sure on the details but I guess you could do it by embossing tiny lines on a grey background and then using the render - lighting plugin to give it some shine.

Or are you talking actual silver prints like prints that shine. There is some printing process which looks like that but I doubt it would be economical for a business card.

try finding a shot which has something silver in it, use the color picker in PS to sample from, note the code number and then when you add text and pick your text color type this code into the color box. H

Most reactions

New Topics

Back