Simple B&W for C&C

TimothyPeacock

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'd love some feedback on my B&W conversion on these, along with anything else you can throw at me!

I think I struggled slightly with the white shirt, in 2 it looks a little too grey, and in 1 a bit blown out!

IMG_9612-40_zpsb6dbf341.jpg

IMG_9617-43_zpsb56523e7.jpg

Thanks in advance for any critique you can offer!

T

to me personally, i think you softened the skin to much where it almost looks like shes made of plastic.

I find these pictures oddly uninviting and it's difficult to piece out why but perhaps its the large areas of detail-less tone and the way the areas that do have detail are distracting.

In the first, her eyes have been edited so they are totally unnatural, the lightward side of her face, her chest and most of her shirt are detailless. There isn't enough drama in the lighting to pull this off, it just comes across as uninteresting.
In the second, essentially the same problem with loss of detail in large areas, wrinkles that draw my eye to the lower part of the shirt, different textures on different sides of the shirt and a bit if her peeking out that draws my eye. All of these things, and the lines of the shirt pushing out and away make this disorganized to my eye.

$IMG_9617-43_zpsb56523e7dual.jpg

I have had unfortunately little success shooting dark-skinned subjects in light clothing. My biggest trial on that was shooting the members of the choir of a local black church in their white satin gowns. I eventually shot it as three widely bracketed exposures and merged them later in PPing.

Most reactions

Back