What's new

Simple Composition

fmw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Sep 30, 2006
Messages
3,694
Reaction score
493
Sometimes the simplest things can catch your eye.

fencebw.jpg
 
Wow! that's nice. thanx.
 
Thanks guys. I don't know, Mysteryscribe, I may be used up and just not realize it.
 
nice composition

I would like to see it in 5w x 4h with a little more room to the left. - tall grey sky seems non-contributory.

Having the fence touch the edge seems to 'leak' the image off the left
 
The_Traveler said:
nice composition

I would like to see it in 5w x 4h with a little more room to the left. - tall grey sky seems non-contributory.

Having the fence touch the edge seems to 'leak' the image off the left

I agree. You would change your mind if you saw what was to the left of the fence, however. I tried cropping it just above the little clouds but it didn't work for me. With all the sky left in it gave me a feeling of lonliness. Without it the fence replaced the lonliness and the image lost its impact - at least for me. Take care.
 
At first I thought the same about the sky. And it if were an 8x10 I would still think that, but because it isn't a standard size it works for me on a different level. Not sure you will understand but thats my latest opinon
 
Traveller sent me a PM with his edited version of my image. He did a nice job fixing the corner of the fence that was cropped. He's better with photoshop than I am. He also cropped out much of the sky but I prefer it uncropped personally as mentioned above. There was sign attached to the corner of the fence that ruined the whole mood of the thing. I used photoshop to remove the part of the sign that intruded into the frame but I hadn't thought to fix the cropped corner like Traveller did. At any rate here's his version.

fencebwver2.jpg
 
IMO, if you were willing to sacrifice for your Art (note capital A), you should have torn the sign down and taken the picture.

Subsequently you should have driven like hell.
 
i like the original for sure. nice work fmw. i always look forward to your images. they have that professional look to them.
 
I like the original too. Very much so! Maybe cut off a little bit of sky. But that's all. It's very strong in its simplicity!







pascal
 
myopia said:
i like the original for sure. nice work fmw. i always look forward to your images. they have that professional look to them.

Thanks, Myopia. Since I am a former professional maybe my images are influenced by the commercial work I did. Take care.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom